How do I do it all? . . . I don’t :)
Posted on September 09 2017
My life is not in Powerlifting however Powerlifting has transformed my life.
I have an intense few weeks coming up of work, travel, training, competing and general life.
One of my favourite phrases is “you can’t have it all, where would you put it”. There is absolutely no balance in my life, I work & train, I try my best to see my family & sometimes my friends . . . I am happy, most of the time.
For the past few years I have been seeing many people who are in the “FitFam” online community post content about their workouts, appearance, meal prep, training, coupons, strive for balance, failures and successes. I don’t have a lot of things in common with the majority of them because I . . .
- am 44
- live alone (between two homes)
- detest sweet potato
- am happily single
- own three businesses (non of which are in the fitness game),
- train most of the time by myself (with help from an online coach),
- like my own hair, nails, eyelashes, eyebrows, teeth and skin colour,
- cook as many of my organic meals myself,
- wash and dry my own clothes,
- don’t have alcohol or sugar cravings anymore,
- like washing and styling my own hair
- am not addicted to peanut butter or Nutella,
- take the least amount of supplements possible
- I travel a bit for work.
Because I can’t find an abundance of content online that I can identify with I thought that over the next 44 days I would share how I work, train, travel and compete . . . without a ounce of balance because I know I can’t have it all and I gave up trying years ago.
Maybe I can give you some new tips on making life easier and maybe find more people like me too that I can learn from . . . *spoiler alert* not a fake eyelash, hair extension, tan or brow in sight either :p
Join me for the lols here or on Instagram or on FB live.
#44 #youcanthaveitallwherewouldyouputit #dayone #day1